Friday, November 10, 2023

Good News

Decided that the news has been so unrelentingly depressing lately (not to mention the footy results) that I had to go looking for feel-good stories. Found a couple in The Graun that made me smile.

The headline Species named after David Attenborough believed extinct rediscovered already sounded pretty wonderful, and the fact that said species happen to be next door in Indonesia added to the piquancy of the tale. The lovely photo of Attenborough's long-beaked echidna further added to the cheerfulness of the piece.

But to my surprise I cracked open an even bigger grin in relation to a brilliant article from the Experience series: Stevie Wonder secretly played on my band's single. Good grief, imagine not just meeting the great man but having him play harmonica on your stuff! It made me wonder what I might say if I ever encountered him. Probably something completely stupid like: Mr Wonder you've been the soundtrack to a lot of my life and I play your albums when I go to the gym and I am just not worthy. By the way, I found the Feelabeelia track featured very tasty in itself - and not just because of Stevie on the mouth harp.

No comments: