Monday, February 27, 2023

Out And About

Just got back from an evening at the IMM shopping centre. It's not exactly my favourite place to spend time since it's usually ultra-busy, but the Missus needed to go there to bring back some suitcases from the storage centre we use there which she'll need to employ for her next visit to the homestead at Alor Gajah and a trip she's making to Jakarta (coming soon!) I also needed to buy some running shoes to replace my old pair which are happily falling apart and there are quite a few sports outlets in the mall.

The funny thing is that I almost enjoyed the visit, basically because on Monday evenings the crowds seem to disappear, presumably having better things to do than wander round a shopping mall after the weekend. I was vaguely reminded of how curiously relaxing shopping was at the height of the pandemic when there were so few folk around. I suppose I have to class myself as deeply anti-social. Which suits me fine.

No comments: