Saturday, February 4, 2023

Back On The Treadmill

Got to the gym this afternoon for the first time since I was hospitalised last year. Quite surprised to find I could manage 40 minutes on my machine of choice (one with pedals, so not exactly a treadmill, despite the heading above) without undue strain. Couldn't help but think of how difficult it had been to walk a single round of the hospital ward when I was first out of the ICU - and that with Noi at my side in case I fell over. So quite some progress there.

I was intending to get back to real exercise gently, just a couple of sessions a week at first, but if there are no obvious ill-effects on this old body of mine on the morrow I might just try and get back to my previous routine. Funnily enough by the end of today's session I'd got back a feeling of familiarity suggestive of routine whereas on arrival at the gym everything seemed that little bit novel. It's good to sense an adjustment of sorts has been made.

No comments: