Thursday, February 16, 2023

A Bit Cramped

It looks like I'm on the way to establishing a regular routine regarding my use of the gym and I'm moving around a lot at work since I have no choice. All to the good - but involving one minor downside. Over the last four years or so it's become increasingly obvious to me that any period of enhanced physical activity brings with it the likelihood of frequent attacks of cramp in my nether regions - specifically my feet and my legs below the knee. And over the last three days I've had several minor but painful occurrences of cramp affecting my feet - not a good sign, though so far I've not been awoken from sleep by attacks, which is what happens when things get really bad.

I mentioned the general problem to my back doc a while back and he recommended taking multi-vitamin tablets. I've tried doing so but the jury is out on just how efficacious this is as a remedy. It seems to do some good, but it's not proved to be an automatic cure-all. It's also a wee bit expensive and doesn't fit well with my instinct for avoiding reliance on any kind of pills. So now I'm sort of looking up information related to diet to see if some kind of cure might emerge from an adjustment to my usual intake.

I'm not optimistic as to whether I can really make much of a difference, but there's a curious sense of satisfaction in at least making some effort to stem the ravages of time.  

No comments: