Saturday, May 14, 2022

Very Appetising

Noi treated me to a belated birthday nosh-up at the Turkish Sofra restaurant at Marina Square yesterday evening. In our advanced years we've learned not to over-order, but we still conspired to be more than amply provided for. Fortunately we cancelled a side order of sesame bread, otherwise I suspect I wouldn't have felt like eating at all today. Must say, the various bits of bread that came with our dishes were munchable in the extreme.

I can remember the younger version of myself being able to scoff unreasonable amounts of food and still feel hungry on subsequent days. I have no idea how I used to do that - and I can't say I miss those days of appetite at all. There's something very restful about no longer feeling the need to over-do it.

No comments: