Sunday, May 15, 2022

Disparate Voices

Today is nominally the final day for marking of the various oral exams for the International Baccalaureate. I completed my quota a few days back, but my team of examiners have kept me at work trying to resolve their various issues.

The actual marking, though demanding, has a fascination all of its own. It can feel like each 15 minute oral is a little drama in itself. This year there have been quite a few with a distinctly eccentric individual quality that have served to break up any sense of routine. Sadly, the odd qualities have led in a number of cases to candidates not doing as well as I suspect they had the potential to. But, happily, some have delivered work of real quality. It's surprising how little of a burden the job seems when it's just about rewarding excellence.  

No comments: