Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Things Of Beauty

In addition to the shots posted here last Sunday, I took quite a number featuring some of the rubbish, largely of the plastic variety, strewn on and around Changi Beach. It was my intention to post a few here, partly as a way of expressing and, I suppose, easing my irritation that anyone could have been thoughtless enough to leave the stuff strewn around. Indeed, I'd say that encountering the detritus coloured the early part of our walk - Boon was, if anything, angrier than myself and blistering in his analysis of human stupidity. (He was particularly on the money as far as the policies of our friends at Coca Cola were concerned, I recall.)

But when push came to shove and it was time to show the photos (i.e., now) I found/find I've lost the impulse to do so. I suppose I'm in denial, but I'd rather think of the grass:


and the trees. Well, this one:


Nice to think what Nature will reclaim when we've gone.

No comments: