Friday, March 18, 2022

Shoulder To Shoulder

It felt strange to be standing shoulder to shoulder again at Friday Prayers. It also took some adjusting to. The brother to my left was close enough to brush up against all through the prayer sequence, but there was an awkward gap between myself and my companion on my right - we were closer than has been the case when the separate areas to pray in were marked on the floor, but the gap was discernable.

And to think that the early days of distinct distancing, back in 2020, felt initially so very strange. Evidence, if it were needed, that we can adjust with alacrity to breaks with habitual behaviour and relearn what seem essential habits.

I reckon that I'll find teaching without a mask a peculiar experience for at least a week when it finally happens. But, I must admit, that's one change in the current way of doing things that I'm really looking forward to.

No comments: