Monday, March 7, 2022

A Bit Odd

A bit distressed at having to wear an odd pair of socks today. The Missus actually laughed when she saw the mismatch this morning, which was a bit thick as she was to blame for bundling the ill-suited pair together. And, before you ask, there was no alternative since clearly I must have been wearing a similarly ill-suited and incorrectly bundled pair to work in recent days and not realised it. 

Of course, the mismatch (in pattern, not colour) wasn't visible but that's not the point (as I made clear to an uncomprehending spouse, who continued to find the situation funny, to my chagrin.) I thought I was wearing my lucky socks, but wasn't, so you can imagine the impact upon my day. 

To be honest, the day went really well, so I suppose I'm grumbling over nothing. And the wearing of the errant socks came after the debacle of the Manchester derby. But part of me suspects the result might just be connected to the unassailable fact I wasn't wearing my lucky socks at some point before the weekend when I must have assumed I was. And with that, I rest my case.

No comments: