Friday, November 27, 2020

Being There Again

Delighted to have managed to get to the masjid for Friday Prayers this afternoon. I'd booked my spot on Wednesday morning, an hour or so before wrenching the muscles in my back, and once the pain kicked in I was wondering whether I should cancel the booking to make sure I didn't waste a space someone else might have wanted to use. Up to setting off I was uncertain if I would be able to do the necessary, but decided that with the help of a chair it would be okay. After all, that's how I was managing prayers at home, and in that sense it didn't seem a big deal. I suppose it was the thought of driving there and following all the new procedures that intimidated me. That and the worry of suddenly feeling a debilitating pain and not being able to continue.

In the event, all went well and I experienced that feeling of somehow being exactly where I needed to be. Always a good place.

No comments: