Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Monarch Of All I Survey

It's that time of year when I'm told I'm obliged to complete a number of surveys which are seeking to capture my feedback. Often they do so by couching statements in an odd kind of jargon that means little or nothing to me and then giving me the 'choice' of the options Strongly Agree; Agree; Neither Agree nor Disagree; Disagree; Strongly Disagree. I look in vain for the options: I Have No Idea What You Are Talking About or I Don't Care About The Statement Enough To Offer A Reasonable Response; but these sensible options somehow never appear. And the funny thing is that you have to fill in something before the system will let you move on.

Usually the surveys end with something to the effect that whoever has forced me to reply is interested in my feedback. Odd that, since they've gone to so much trouble to devise ways of never knowing what I really think.

No comments: