Sunday, August 2, 2020

Idle Thoughts

15.44

Popped across to work earlier to prepare for the week ahead and got quite a few things done. 

Now enjoying a satisfyingly idle few moments and trying to think. But I'm afraid I'm not achieving much in the way of coherence. Four disconnected strands of thought wrapping me round at this moment: Monitoring an aching back, having suffered a sharp spasm in my lower back a couple of hours back - but the discomfort seems to be fading; Wondering if my tendency to uncritical fandom - re Dylan, Crimson, Joyce, Blake - is something to worry about, or something to celebrate, something useful in its odd way; Pondering as to whether I really should choose the burger option when we go out to dinner tonight with Hakim & family to celebrate the birthdays of the two girls; Considering the possibility that Jeff Buckley may really have been channelling angels in his astonishing voice (whilst listening to him in live performance whilst writing this.)

Decided he was. Possibly why he was taken so soon. So untimely. Have no easy answers for the other questions.

22.10

Decided, wisely, on the burger. (Oddly enough typed widely instead of wisely just now. Maybe I should have stuck to that?)

No comments: