Monday, August 17, 2020

Coping, Somehow

A couple of hours ago I dropped Noi off into the capable hands of the medics, rushing to do so. But there's not the slightest thing to worry about. How so? Well, this has nothing to do with actual illness. She's been keen to participate in trials for various medicines for some time now, partly as a public service, and partly as an interesting experience. (And a little bit for the cash, I suppose.) So she signed up for this particular trial a while back and took a few tests to ensure she was in good health for it. (Nothing to do with the virus dominating the news, by the way.)

She'll be with them until Friday, having signed in today, the rush being the result of a miscommunication over checking-in which meant we ended up going later than expected. But all's well.

Except, I suppose, for the daunting fact that I'll need to fend for myself for a few days. But don't fret: I have bananas and I have cheese. (Oh, and loads of home-baked scones, whose siren call I am hearing now. Bye!)

No comments: