Friday, June 5, 2020

ROTFL

I've mentioned a couple of times over the years in posts to this Far Place that as a kid I was prone to uncontrollable fits of giggles, and in my early years of teaching seeing the funny side of something on occasions when high seriousness was required was distinctly problematic on more than a few occasions.

Sadly the problem largely solved itself over time and life became calmer but drabber. However, I've noticed a curious thing, possibly related to me approaching second childishness and mere oblivion. A few times now this year I've had fits of giggles, fortunately in contexts where attempts at control weren't necessary. Indeed, one occurred this evening in relation to the ever-reliable cartoons over at Existential Comics. Normally they elicit satisfied chuckles, but a recent one related to the fine British school of Analytic Philosophy inspired a lot more than that.

Must admit, my sense of humour is pretty weird.

No comments: