Tuesday, June 9, 2020

An Unexpected Bonus

I was chatting with a colleague earlier in the evening who was, understandably, finding our current circumstances a bit of a trial. It sounds like rather weak advice to try and count whatever blessings we can (which is all I had to offer her, I'm afraid), but it works for me, probably because I'm lucky to have so many. Case in point: the unexpected richness of material being posted on-line precisely because of the various lockdowns on-going around the globe. (The streaming of Coriolanus I mentioned the other day being one of them.)

Among the quirkier stuff available, I'm finding the Sunday Lockdown vignettes posted by Toyah Wilcox and Robert Fripp are definitely adding spice to my little life. The one themed around Women Dancing to King Crimson is a work of genius, as well as a piquant comment on one of life's essential truths.

No comments: