Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Not Too Likeable

I suppose this is true for everyone, but I get the oddest emails sometimes. Today I was invited to attend a course going by the unlikely title: Increasing Your Likeability Quotient For Success.

One paragraph read:

Increasing our Likeability Quotient is one of the most essential skill (sic) we should develop because it helps us in developing relationships with our friends, colleagues, bosses, business associates and even with our customers.


Now it's true there's room for me to be a lot more likeable, but I must confess to being somewhat doubtful that some kind of skill is involved. And I must further confess that I'm not terribly keen on being universally liked. I'm more than happy to have most people I know prepared to put up with me despite everything.

Sadly, I won't be attending the course, so I won't be able to:

Apply the Mehrabian 7-38-55 rule to create lasting and powerful first impression.

A pity really. I have the feeling I'm missing out on material of glorious comic potential.

No comments: