Saturday, May 30, 2015

Taking The Strain

Some more moaning today, I'm afraid. I've been increasingly aware as the week has gone on of warning signs suggesting trouble in my lower back. Today the signs emerged as full scale trouble - major back strain - and I only just made it through the five hours of rehearsal that constituted the middle of the day. But made it, I did, so there was relief in that.

The thing is, I'm so busy I can't afford to break down but it's being so busy that's at the root of the problem. I'm worried that the muscles affected are going to really go into spasm and I'm simply not going to be able to walk, as happened in Madrid at the back end of 2013. A jab from the doc should fix that, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it'll cause all sorts of hassle.

So I'm officially hoping that I can just grit my teeth and get through. If I make it to next Saturday a complete and glorious collapse will be unproblematic by then. Do wish me luck!

No comments: