Saturday, January 28, 2012

More Words

We went down to Books Actually again the other day. I bought a number of books and magazines featuring local writers on the rather spurious grounds that: a) I would put them on the shelves round my desk at work rather than finding space at home, where there is no space to find; and b) that it's important to support any kind of local arts scene, no matter where you are. I'm not quite sure why I believe the last statement, but I do - working on intuition rather than strict rationality.

Must say, I'm impressed with the architecture in the area around the shop, and the abundance of trees. Which makes me worry that someone, somewhere is likely to be planning to knock it all down to improve the area. I feel a bit the same way about liking the bookshop. That's usually a sign a business won't last too long.

No comments: