Monday, January 23, 2012

Joyous Noise

One of the jollier aspects of being in KL for Chinese New Year is getting to hear the fire crackers going off through the night. I should probably disapprove of them being let off, for various grim-visaged civic-minded reasons, but I'm afraid I just can't bring myself to do so.

Another equally joyous noise accompanied us as we drove down to Alor Gajah this afternoon. I'd dug out an old Deutsche Grammophon tape of Christmas Music (bits of Bach's Christmas Oratorio for one) from the baroque earlier in the day and duly gave it an airing, unseasonal as that may have been. It put Noi to sleep but kept me happily alert. Now if only they played this kind of thing in the malls in December I might just enjoy Christmas shopping.

23.00

Got to enjoy more noise - and colourful visuals - from fireworks going off in the distance as we enjoyed a late night cuppa at Aziz's place at Rembia. Highly satisfactory as an end to the day.

No comments: