Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Flat

Had to dig deep today to keep going. A bit of a fever - just under the critical temperature at which we used to send kids home once exceeded - a scratchy throat & sniffles. Oh, and an aching head. Nothing terrible, but enough to count. Wore a mask all day to protect others, but by the time I left work the sniffling nose was cascading and I realised I wouldn't have been able to cope if that had happened earlier. By great good fortune tomorrow is a public holiday, for Vesak Day, and I might just recover if past experience of this kind of thing is anything to go by.

And all this when I can't afford to stop going in terms of the demands of the toad, Work. Poor me, eh!? - It's a good job I have a talent for feeling sorry for myself. It comes in useful sometimes.

No comments: