Monday, February 26, 2024

On The Record

Greatly enjoying reading Pat Gilbert's highly informative, well written and fair-minded account of the only band that really matter (or used to, that is): Passion is a Fashion - The Real Story of The Clash. Never realised that Joe Strummer was actually some four years older than me, vaguely assuming that I was bit older than any of the punks of the late 70s. Now I realise they were very much my generation. It was just that I was in a small way respectable and they weren't.

Much as I admired (and still admire) The Clash I thought there were elements of iffiness in how they went about some things and the book confirms this, but brings with it the requisite understanding of what it's like to be in your early twenties and both inspired and silly at one and the same time. Thank goodness that no one would dream of writing anything about me at that age. Or any age, for that matter.

No comments: