Sunday, February 18, 2024

Giving Notice

The other day when The Missus and I were dining in an excellent prata shop, I looked down at the table to read the following on a little notice on the table: We have contactless ordering. I was not impressed on the grounds I like contactful ordering. Oddly enough, we did get a guy to take our order and he was typically personable and helpful. Were the shop sort of trying to get rid of him?

And another thing. On the screen that comes up on my laptop before I actually get into this Far Place to type whatever it is is on my mind there now appears this message: Google is improving its sign-in page with a more modern look and feel. A new look is coming soon. Must say, I have no idea why anyone wants to change what already looks fine and signs me in easily enough. What is a more modern look and feel anyway? And why would anyone want to have one? I like the way things look as they are, or, failing that, why not be really creative and go for a less modern look and feel? I'm sure we'd all feel a lot better for that.

No comments: