Monday, May 1, 2023

Overdoing It

The restful long weekend, today being the public holiday for Labour Day, turned out to be pretty busy in a reasonably enjoyable manner. I wouldn't claim that keeping up with examination marking for IB was exactly fun, but I managed to fulfil the quotas I set for myself without over-agonising, and in-between enjoyed visitors from the Malaysian branch of the family, glad-handing at the wedding and seeing the newly-weds off from Changi Airport for their honeymoon in New Zealand.

This evening saw me rushing off to the gym after rushing back from the airport to give some feedback to a student over her extended essay. And it was at the gym, after some 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, that I discovered I had pretty much no energy left at all. The last 10 minutes on the machine seemed to take 10 hours. But I somehow managed and got back to write this and then collapse. Sort of. Bye bye.

No comments: