Friday, May 5, 2023

Feeling Grumpy

Despite the heading above I've been in a good mood throughout the day, helped on by the fact that my aching head of yesterday seems to have healed itself and work went flowingly - especially at the creative end of things with our drama guys in the afternoon. Also managed to share a nice cuppa with the Missus in the very early evening - always a mood enhancer. However, I'm afraid grumpiness did descend, and abruptly so, at 9.15 pm, provoked by my switching on the telly to watch a bit of news.

Gentle Reader, I'm sure you'll understand me when I tell you that being confronted by BBC World, Sky News and CNN all covering the coronation (even before the darn thing has actually happened) through live coverage (of the gushing variety) of a royal walkabout not only failed to excite me but almost brought back my aching head of the previous day. Fortunately I showed remarkable forbearance by not actually throwing an object at the offending goggle-box. I also resisted the temptation to switch over to Fox News (a statement I would have thought myself incapable of writing prior to the moment in question.)

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow when, if I'm not mistaken, though I could be since I'm trying to keep away from this nonsense, they finally put the big tiara, or whatever it is, on the head of the new monarch of my benighted nation. By the way, I henceforth intend to avoid any further reference to this business. Just to let you know.

No comments: