Saturday, May 20, 2023

In Celebration

29 Syawal, 1444

An unexpectedly celebratory end to the month and to Raya. Sadly we've got the twinkling lights on for the last time in a while. Happily Boon & Mei popped round for a tea and a long natter in the afternoon, and this continued into the evening as we got invited to Yati & Nahar's and ate rather more than necessary at their place. A lovely way to complete a highly satisfactory Syawal.

But there's always a bit of darkness even in the brightest light. I was enjoying a good chat with Nadra about her English course at NTU and her thoughts on the writers she enjoyed when she told me the very sad news that my old mate Peter, who taught her at 'A' level, had died recently. She herself was still feeling the shock and grief and the news hit me pretty hard.

I've been thinking since of some of the jolly times we had together and what a source of good cheer and love of life Peter was. It helps.

No comments: