Sunday, June 26, 2022

Boosted

Noi and I went to get our second booster shots this afternoon. It was an amazingly straightforward process. No appointment needed: just had to walk in and we'd both been jabbed within five minutes. After that, fifteen minutes waiting to see if there was any adverse reaction and we were free to go, with a gift of a box of face-masks to see us on our way.

So far neither of us has felt any side-effects. Yesterday Fuad was telling me he'd felt under the weather for three days after his shot, so my general sense of hunky-doryness comes as a bit of a relief, especially since I'm back at work tomorrow. In fact, I was a bit annoyed at myself for not having seen to this earlier, but it looks like I might have got away with it.

Was thinking back to my first jab, back in January 2021. That one involved a long wait and seemingly endless admin. But well worth it, especially considering it as one small part of the vast national effort to respond sensibly to the threat posed by Covid-19. I thought of myself as lucky to be in the right place then. Still do. Even more so.

No comments: