Sunday, April 11, 2021

Not So Predictable

Back in early January I found myself mildly irritated by the surplus kgs upon my person, which I had been unable to shed despite having hit the gym for some five or six weeks. Now, in early-ish April, I'm happy to report that I'm a smidgeon under my fighting weight and looking forward to what the fasting month may bring in terms of a further refinement of this old body of mine. Having said that, I'm finding that age brings along with it quite a few surprises in terms of things not always going in the directions they would have when I was a younger man.

Indeed, that unpredictability is part of the excitement and mild trepidation of mentally preparing for fasting. I've got a feeling that the first few days - starting from Tuesday - might be more of a test than usual, and, I must say, that would be no bad thing. Actually my plan is to get to the gym by Friday, but I'm ready to re-think that proposal in the light of lived experience.

No comments: