Tuesday, April 6, 2021

A Bit Of A Change

I found myself on a new machine this evening in the gym. This was as a result of my breaking the elliptical trainer over the weekend. Well, I didn't exactly break it, but a bit fell off when I was last on board and it's now under repair.

To be honest, I was quite narked when I saw our PE guys had put a sign on it saying it was out of bounds because it's the only thing I use in the gym now that I can't do weights (because of my iffy right arm - that's gradually getting better - thanks for asking.) But the machine I shifted to, next door to the elliptical trainer, also has pedals and is similar in some respects, so it turned out not to be too difficult to make the switch. And the novelty of doing something a bit different turned out to be quite enjoyable. In fact, I pedalled for a full hour (rather than my usual 50 - 55 minutes) since that seemed to be the automatic setting for the machine.

I still don't have a clue how to read the various bits of data the machine chucks out, even after my 60 minutes, but I suppose I'll learn, given the fact I'll probably be spending a fair bit of time on it.

No comments: