Sunday, August 18, 2019

Radical Action

With mighty help from Fuad the wiring around all the electrical stuff connected to the tv has been reconfigured and a faulty DVD player removed. The machine in question has been replaced with a smaller blu-ray player, recently acquired. I'm told these things are going out of date, but I own enough DVDs to warrant owning one, and I've been the proud possessor of Crimso's 3 CD and 1 blu-ray disc set Radical Action (To Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind) for some time now without having the wherewithal to enjoy the video of the 7-headed version of the band in radical action. Now I can enjoy it and, having glanced at the first few minutes before taking Fuad & family out for a celebratory nosh-up, I know that enjoyment will be deep and certain.

It's a bit of a mystery to me why being able to see the music I love actually being played enhances the listening experience, but it always has done. Something to mull over as I intoxicate myself with the disc in question in the week ahead.

No comments: