Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Holding Up

Deeply grateful that we managed to get back to our usual Far Place yesterday in just 6 hours, 20 minutes. It could have been worse. My schedule today required me to be especially alert and I'm happy to report I came through in what seems to be one piece. Tomorrow is another day, as they say, and the possibility of dividing into a number of pieces cannot be dismissed. But disintegration has its attractions, I suppose.

In connection with which I've just decided to put The Portable Nietzsche, wonderfully edited and translated by Walter Kaufmann, on my list of books to read in the immediate future. I've had my trusty Penguin edition for some time, and dipped in extensively, but never gone cover to cover. Not entirely sure what this has to do with my imminent disintegration, but I reckon some kind of subtext might be underpinning these loose jottings, just about holding things together.

No comments: