Wednesday, August 7, 2019

One Of Those Moments

I'd been moving non-stop from just after 7.00 am to 11.10 am, when I found myself on duty for an examination with quite a bit more running round to do. It would be 2.00 pm before I would alight upon some sort of break. Fortunately I'd managed to grab a flask of tea, a cup, and the happily substantial piece of fruit cake Noi had prepared for me to help deal with the rigours of a distinctly rigorous day, and they were by my side as I hurried some necessary paperwork. 

At this point in time I figured I had a minute or two in which to deal with the cake, and did so. With considerable gusto.

Suddenly the day blossomed as time stopped. It's rare to encounter utter perfection, but there it was in my hands, then my mouth and, in short order, in my stomach. And if you feel jealous, that's fine - you should. Hah!

No comments: