Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Bit Sad

I've been happily surprised in recent weeks over the fact that I haven't succumbed to illness when so many around me have. That happy state came to an end yesterday evening when my throat started to itch and my nose to run. Luckily I remained in reasonably functioning condition, well enough to drive up to Melaka earlier today, bringing along Fafa, who's flying off on a jaunt to Korea with her cousin Ayu from KLIA this very evening. Noi has gone with her, along with the rest of the family, to the airport to see the two off whilst I have remained at Mak's house, nursing a bit of a headache and feeling suitably sorry for myself.

I'm hoping to bounce back a bit tomorrow, but for the moment I'm enjoying having nothing to do for once except wrap myself in gentle melancholy.

No comments: