Saturday, March 9, 2019

Off And On

It's been difficult to find time to read over the last couple of weeks. I thought my three days in Bangkok might see me making significant progress in Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth, which I took along with me for whatever spare moments presented themselves, but it wasn't to be. I stayed in touch with the narrative with a bit of late night reading, but I'm talking about just three or four pages each time at best.

Having said that, I was gripped enough by the story to want to read on, and I'm now moving into the last 200 pages. Happily, I haven't a clue how it will all turn out, except being reasonably sure the bad guys (of whom there are more than a few) will get their comeuppance. But I'm not sure that the good guys will live happily ever after, even in the mildest sense. Or that any cathedral will actually get built.

No comments: