Saturday, March 2, 2019

At The High End

After another very packed day reflecting upon, enjoying, struggling with, and generally juggling all sorts of new (and sometimes, old) ideas, I found myself at a distinctly high end shopping mall one train station up the road from our hotel. I think it was called Em Quartier and it was impressive in an icily antiseptic fashion. I think I prefer the ordinary life of the street, but it was pleasant to find myself with lots of space to wander in for an hour or so in the evening.

Spent most of my time there in a branch of Kinokuniya Books. Good to see lots of books available in Thai, and I enjoyed browsing in the English section. I suppose I also enjoyed not buying anything at all in the mall, but that's just me being perversely radical.

No comments: