Sunday, January 13, 2019

A Packed Programme

13.15
We and our houseguests were roused from our slumbers in the very, very early morning by a cat outside the Hall doing whatever cats get up to the early hours in the noisiest fashion possible. I could have cheerfully strangled the moggy in question, let me tell you, and I regard myself as an animal lover of sorts. I'm hoping the interruption of our sleep does not have any ill effect on our packed programme for this afternoon and evening: Holland Village, the Botanical Gardens and the Gardens by the Bay, for starters. I'm excitedly tired just thinking about it.

22.55
Didn't manage the Botanical Gardens just now, but had a fine old time at the other spots, plus we discovered the delights of the Marina Barrage. That's the great thing about becoming a sort of tourist on your own territory. You see it with fresh eyes and discover delights you never bothered to check out because they were always there anyway.

Perfect weather as well. And after the luck we had with the weather in NZ we are counting multiplying blessings.

No comments: