Saturday, January 12, 2019

A Bit Annoyed

Astute readers may notice a double posting for this day, Saturday, 12 January. This being a rare occurrence at this Far Place, an explanation is in order - not that it bothers you, of course, but it mildly irritates me. And this is why. The ramblings below (enigmatically entitled Limitations) were recorded and posted yesterday evening, but we've been having our regular problems with our connection to the mighty WWW and somehow the posting failed - even though it looked like it was up there on my screen. In the great scheme of things this is insignificant, as are all our many problems with everything we do in relation to the cyber-world. Gentle Reader, I could list now, at this very moment, four further unresolved areas of irritation, but I will practise patience and seek not to bore you. And I will seek to restrain my mildly rising but sadly distinct sense of annoyance by thinking of something pleasant.

And immediately I find myself looking forward to the arrival on these shores of none other than Kate & Rob, who're staying with us for a couple of nights before plying their way onward to Australia. We're off to pick them up at the airport in another hour. Cheerfulness sets in. Equilibrium restored.

No comments: