Wednesday, December 12, 2018

In Action

Now back in our usual quarters, I got to the gym earlier this evening, most likely for the last time this year. We're off to New Zealand this Friday, and for the New Year we'll be popping across to Melaka, so I can't see any window of opportunity to get any further intense exercise in December. One thing I've realised this year is just how useful it is to plan ahead in figuring when it might be possible to get myself onto my chosen instrument of torture. You can't just wait for opportunities to present themselves; you've got to force them to happen in a slightly obsessive manner. And by the way, the result of all my planning hasn't been me getting anywhere close to what I would regard as optimal performance. That would be to get to the gym on an average of three times a week and I'm well short of that. But I do feel I can reasonably claim to exercise regularly.

It was some years back that I was startled into action when I recognised the eminent good sense of a speaker pointing out that not looking after one's body and health in any way but focusing solely on getting through the working day was an insane way to behave. Crazy as I may be in other ways, I think I'm rising above my usual levels of folly in this aspect of my life.

No comments: