Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Grey Skies

Drove up to Lake Tekapo today on a grey, rainy day, our first such day in NZ. Didn't detract from the beauty of the countryside, though added a little to my sense of melancholy at events unfolding on the other side of the globe. I'm referring, of course, to the sacking of the Not-So-Special-One at Old Trafford. I'm neither a hater nor a major fan, but I don't think it makes any sense at all to get rid of a manager so early in a season when there are still things to play for, or to lose faith when things don't go well. I'm also deeply suspicious as to what's going on behind the scenes. The great puzzle for me this season began pre-season when everything surrounding the club seemed fractious before anything really got started, and this when they'd finished second the previous season and you'd have thought were ready to move up a notch.

Football, eh? Bloody hell, as a wise man said.

No comments: