Friday, June 15, 2018

Much Gained

Hari Raya Puasa, Eid ul-Fitr; 1 Syawal 1439

I've been worrying about the Prayers for Hari Raya for a few days now. With it being Friday, two trips to the mosque are required and I've been struggling with my back since before coming up to Malaysia. Last Friday I used a chair for assistance at the masjid at Bukit Antarabangsa, but the circumstances at the little masjid at Sungai Petai are somewhat different and I wasn't too sure of being able to get near any chair at all. In the event, all went well and I coped without assistance at both sets of prayers, leaving me feeling very pleased with myself just for doing something quite ordinary. A form of grace, I suppose.

And better than all that, Mak was discharged from hospital in the early afternoon and is back amongst the family. Here's hoping all who keep the season do so with their families healthy & complete: Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfithri - Eid Mubarak!

No comments: