Sunday, May 21, 2017

Just Walking

It's been raining here this evening, which has made a pleasant change from the stifling heat & attendant humidity of the earlier part of the day. I actually went out walking in this to Holland Village and back. I needed a break from marking and Noi has gone off to Melaka for the weekend, so a brisk walk seemed like a good idea. And it was, except for the fact that by the time I got back I needed to put my sweaty garments in the wash and sit in an air-conditioned room for half an hour to feel normal again.

Actually I thought my walk was fulfilling a resolution to 'keep moving, keep thinking' made in January, only to discover, just now in fact, that my resolution for this year was, indeed is, somewhat different. Perhaps I should have stayed where I was after all?

No comments: