Monday, January 19, 2009

A Matter of Record

I've been on the phone quite a bit lately to Mum coaching her in the use of the digital recorder we bought her for Christmas. The major success has been that she successfully recorded a programme she wanted. Unfortunately, once she had viewed it she didn't know what to do next, panicked, pressed a few buttons, and got an odd green light on the front of the recorder which she doesn't understand. The problem is that halfway around the world I don't get it either. I'm now coaxing her into going into the instructions I left behind for deleting recorded programme but these are baby steps at the moment.

Far from being irritated by all this, I can't help but admire her for taking on these machines at her age. Pictured above are the remotes for the television and the recorder (I took the pictures to help me remember the instructions) and it's pretty obvious these things are not for the faint-hearted.

No comments: