Thursday, January 1, 2009

Irresolute

Enjoyed a chinwag this afternoon with Boon & Mei over a cup of tea, a few epok epok and a couple of kueh lopez. Mind you, it was a bleakish conversation, revolving as it did around the parlous state of the world economy. The consensus: you ain't seen nothing yet. I must admit to feeling a touch guilty over my declaration of war on capitalism, but I never thought it would lead to this - and so quickly.

The result of our little colloquium has been to knock the wind out of my sails at the time I was considering my Resolutions for the year ahead. I had been thinking of recycling, in modified form, the three from last January, but I'll settle for the following to be at one with the prevailing mood: Hunker down. Stay lean, possibly mean. Keep going.

No comments: