Saturday, January 17, 2009

All Drugged Up

I suppose a visit to the hospital might be regarded as reasonably fruitful when it results in one having to ingest all the various pills pictured above. And that's just a week's supply. The chances of avoiding the surgeon's knife remain slim, but with any luck I'll be able to time the op to fit in with what is commonly referred to in Singapore as my 'busy schedule'.

One of the little blighters above can cause drowsiness, it seems. So now I have a reasonable excuse for nodding off in lectures. Let's hope it doesn't happen as I'm actually delivering one. In the meantime I'm hoping for a little relief from the nerve pain that has been my constant companion - standing or walking - for the last few weeks. Frankly, I'm not a happy soldier.

No comments: