Thursday, September 12, 2024

Finding Time

I'm very keen to get to grips with the National Theatre's production of A Streetcar Named Desire, featuring Gillian Anderson as Blanche Dubois which I can now access through the school's account. We're intending to screen it to one of our cohorts in a couple of weeks and I need to familiarise myself with the show ahead of that - as well as being very keen to watch for my own viewing pleasure. But, as is so often the case, I find myself time-starved just when I need the stuff.

Managed the first five minutes just now and it looked great. Simple set and in the round, which shouldn't work but probably will. And the voices, the rhythms, perfect. Actually I can't see, or rather hear, how anything by Williams can possibly work unless you get the voices right.

No comments: