Friday, September 27, 2024

A Bit Noisy

Another understated heading. I'm not referring to any specific noise today. It's been busy, but calmly so. And the noise I'm hearing now is Cream live at the Albert Hall in 2005. So, by definition, good noise.

But yesterday, in the middle of all the frantic franticness, there I was in SAC. Awash with all the little blighters from Year 1. (SAC, not me.) And I'm suddenly aware, queuing for my tea, that the noise level is dangerously high. Not quite as bad as Deep Purple live at Belle Vue, circa 1971, when they were the loudest band in the world and set young Brian's ears ringing for about two days. But getting there, and in closer proximity than Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, Ian Paice, Jon Lord and Roger Glover ever were.

Funnily enough the sheer intensity of the racket in SAC had a calming effect in its way. And the tea helped. Assailed as I was, I was somehow outside of it all. Still can't understand how the kids inside it all didn't seem to know they were in the eye of their own storm. The joys of youth, eh?

No comments: