Sunday, March 24, 2024

Digging Deep

13 Ramadhan, 1445

Got to the gym for the fourth time in this Fasting Month, again repeating the experiment of working out before actually breaking the fast, again with reasonable success. For the first ten minutes or so I could find next to no energy at all and seriously wondered whether this time the experiment would prove an ignominious failure. But then I seemed to break through to the hidden reserves lying below the surface. It wasn't that it all suddenly felt easy; but it did all feel do-able at a reasonable pace. And proved so - to the extent that I considered adding another five to ten minutes on. But I didn't, reckoning that that might come later when I'd built the foundation for working out in Ramadhan.

My aim now is to complete at least eight sessions during the fast, possibly even ten. And, more importantly, integrate these into the experience of fasting as a whole such that they gain a meaning in themselves as part of that experience.

No comments: