Friday, September 15, 2023

On Being Alive

This time last year I wasn't exactly fully alive. Being in an intensive care unit was, of course, wonderfully useful in terms of practical survival, and accounts for my being around to write this in 2023, but it's not a place I'd recommend anyone spending time in. And this is more especially the case when you're there in a comatose state such that your mind is somewhere else entirely, and that somewhere is an entirely unpleasant place to be. Or not be, if you see what I mean.

Being back in this world has served as a reminder of what a fundamentally wonderful place it is, if you're lucky enough, as I am, to lead a more than comfortable life - and one made particularly splendid by treats like curry puffs & teh tarik with The Missus at a near-by hawker centre, as we enjoyed yesterday.

It's a lesson I've been more than happy to learn, even if it came the hard way.

No comments: