Sunday, September 24, 2023

Not Exactly Routine

It's been an odd sort of Sunday. Noi had a baking class to attend up in Woodlands and, since we'd made an arrangement to have dinner with Boon & Mei up there, it was decided that I would spend the day at Fuad & Rozita's so Noi didn't have to drive back to pick me up after her class. I had quite a bit of marking to do and set out my stall on the dining table in their place wondering whether I'd be able to stuck in to the work involved in this foreign environment.

To my surprise I managed the pile of scripts almost effortlessly, with breaks for the necessary teh tarik and to watch the first half of the United game - oh, and to watch bits and pieces of a BBC Attenborough doc. Also managed a quick lunch out with Fuad & Rozita at the Al Ameen food place that we later went to with Boon & Mei. 

It's the first time in a long time that marking has felt not exactly effortless, but not really effort-full, if you see what I mean. Mind you, it's a relief to get back home and prepare for the usual routine on the morrow. It doesn't pay to have too much excitement in one's life.

No comments: