Thursday, January 5, 2023

Paying Up

Spent a fair chunk of the day settling an invoice that landed on my desk. This involved quite a bit of running round for various signatures and photocopying further documentation needed to accompany the pre-existing documentation (thus doubling up on some already bulky documentation.) I suppose all this had a purpose in terms of the financial system employed, but I've long passed the point of being concerned about purpose. I just do what I'm told and am happy to get it all done once I've arrived at that happy conclusion. Fortunately the finance people I work with know what they are doing, so I just follow instructions.

The odd thing is though that I don't remember my work involving much of anything like this for the first two thirds or so of my career, and in the last ten years or so there seems to have been a lot more of it. Times change. Unfortunately.

No comments: