Thursday, January 12, 2023

A Bit Too Bright

We've now got a total of eight bright white spooky spots on our television screen and they are very distracting. It didn't occur to me to google as to the cause of the spots until this evening and I've just found out that said spots are a thing with Samsung television sets like ours. I wish I'd known this before purchasing the set, but one lives and learns.

The question now is whether to try and repair the screen or just give up and buy a new one. I see all sorts of irritating fuss ahead if we do attempt a repair, but it seems such a waste to just throw away the set. For the moment we're just going to put up with the wonky picture - which has a weird sort of charm of its own, especially when it looks as if a number of oddly regimented suns are arising in programmes featuring shots of landscapes.

I know we should be thankful about modern technology, but why does it have to go wrong so frequently?

No comments: